EDC Dump

Discussion in 'Firearms Chit Chat' started by EasyCZ, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Jan 12, 2018 #1

EasyCZ

EasyCZ

EasyCZ

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ  

Alrught, everybody. Let’s see your EDC Dump - the handguns, knives, lights, and other things you carry on your person every day.

I’ll get it started:
    • Glock G19 Gen 4 carried IWB in a Bravo Concealment Torsion holster
    • Ruger LCPII carried in a Galco Ankle rig
    • Extra Glock 19 mag
    • Extra LCPII mag
    • Fenix LD-10 light
    • Benchmade Griptilian knife
    • Spyderco Tenacious knife
    • Leatherman PST II multitool
    • Zippo lighter
    • Faded Glory clip wallet
    • iPhone 7 (not pictured)

CE31E9A7-3848-4AE5-A23E-219323408FEF.jpeg

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  2. Jan 12, 2018 #2

SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13

SNIPER  

I see the basement print shop is back to making 50's again....

Ya know Mickey D's don't take anything bigger than 20's....right !? :rolleyes:

BuzzinSATX, tazo2503 and EasyCZ like this.
  3. Jan 12, 2018 #3

EasyCZ

EasyCZ

EasyCZ

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ  

Well, damnit.

SHOOTER13 likes this.
  4. Jan 12, 2018 #4

SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13

SNIPER  

Another thing...my wife is asking me why I just dumped my pockets on the table and took a picture of it all....

Strange behavior indeed... :cool:

5. Jan 12, 2018 #5

EasyCZ

EasyCZ

EasyCZ

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ  

:ROLF:

What? Me? I ain’t doin’ nuuuuuuuthin’.....

GLOCKNUCKLE likes this.
  6. Jan 12, 2018 #6

SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13

SNIPER  

Now...I gotta post a picture of... a bunch of pocket lint...a penny... a bent paper clip...and a half a stick of gum.

You didn't catch me at a good time...

[​IMG]

( I ate the gum...)

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  7. Jan 12, 2018 #7

MattNH

MattNH

MattNH

All my EDC shit is in a backpack within reach, I have a tin of Skoal in my left sock, an iPhone 7 in my left front pocket, a white handkerchief in my right rear pocket, a wallet in my front right pocket, an Omega Speedmaster on my left wrist, a Fitbit Charge 2 on my right wrist, glasses on my ears and nose, a S&W Model 60 in an IWB at 4 o'clock and a gold wedding band on my left ring finger

BuzzinSATX, SHOOTER13 and EasyCZ like this.
  8. Jan 12, 2018 #8

Retired1

Retired1

Retired1

No photo from me. I no longer have an EDC need. I seldom leave home, but if I do, I select carry options based on my perceived opinion of the potential threat. That said, I spend most days/nights in the house in comfy clothing or pajamas. I am never more than a step or two from some type of personal protection so I don't bother with pocket or belt carry unless I go outside. If I go outside in the daytime, I carry differently than if I go outside at night.

As I write this post, it is 20 degrees outside on the way to about 15 degrees. When my dogs need to go out overnight to pee, I will be just inside the door watching. I am a wimp regarding the cold*. The dogs will have to take their chances with the coyotes.... and hope I get the door open with rifle at the ready should the need arise...

* = Example: I have on flannel pajamas, a sherpa lined hoodie, a sherpa lined canvas vest, and a hunting cap with fur ear flaps in the down position. I am still a bit chilled as the temp here in my room is only 74 degrees.

On topic: I have my G22 & S&W Performance Center ported .45 ACP here on my desk and a Gerber Strongarm and a SOG Field Pup along side...plus several paper clips and about 5 flashlights.

Update - 3 AM, 5 hours after above post: Temp is now 12 degrees. One of my well house heaters is very old (the other is near new). It quit working sometime during the last 2 hours. Well house had dropped to 34 degrees. Fortunately, last Spring, I bought several high quality heaters when they went on sale and put them in storage. They are the same model as the one I have working already. I unpacked one and its now in service. So much for not venturing out in the cold. I'll stay up awhile and monitor the warming progress.

On topic: I stuck a Bersa Thunder 380 Plus (15 +1) in my jacket pocket for a companion during this little project and carried a Streamlight UltraStinger along with a Schrade Ultimate Survival assisted folder. :cool:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  9. Jan 12, 2018 #9

CrackbottomLouis

CrackbottomLouis

CrackbottomLouis

Glock 23, extra mag, and crkt folder. If I need more than that to get to my long gun Im screwed anyway.

RevV, SHOOTER13, aDave and 1 other person like this.
  10. Jan 12, 2018 #10

Spikedriver

Spikedriver

Spikedriver

Ruger LC9s, Camillus Hustle or Kershaw Blur for a knife, and my phone which doubles as a flashlight...

RevV, EasyCZ and SHOOTER13 like this.
  11. Jan 13, 2018 #11

Frank Toth Jr.

Frank Toth Jr.

Frank Toth Jr.

Nothin at the moment. I just went outside, in the cold and dark to deposit a bag of trash in the big bin. Didnt get attacked by persons, coyotes, mountain lion bob cat or bear. come to think of it never have. Although I did see a mountain lion years back up by the barn. Sometimes I tap on the back door, empty handed, glass to shew the birds out of the cat food. I venture out into the timber with nothing but my pocket knife. ..... :bigeyes:The need hasnt risen since 1969 to shoot any one.

EasyCZ, Retired1 and SHOOTER13 like this.
  12. Jan 13, 2018 #12

Retired1

Retired1

Retired1

Frank,

I like your post #10 (above). I am killing time before the start of LIVE PD, so I decided to pen this little story.

I think my OK coyotes might be more aggressive than your MO coyotes. They often come up to my barn and carport to eat my feral cats (I estimate at I have lost about 50 cats to the coyotes and owls since 2010). They have attacked the neighboring rancher's dogs twice. 2 years ago I went out about midnight and had two bracket me in the driveway - one to the west and one to the east. I had only a Glock G22 with me at the time. My G22 has no light. I had a good clear 10 yard shot at the east one as it was right under a security light. It took me a few moments to comprehend my situation and I yelled as I drew my pistol. The coyotes stood their ground. I dropped the east one with the first shot. The west one howled and moved behind a large lilac bush. I did not go after it into the dark. I went into the house and got a shotgun with light mounted and went out in the front yard looking for the one that moved back but found nothing.

I shoot coyotes from a 2nd floor window set up just to shoot from. I mow out 125 yards for a wildfire break and to be able to see what is out there. I don't call the coyotes, they come up on their own. One neighbor has set out poison on his large ranch (after making sure that I knew to keep my dogs safe - which was nice but my dogs have never gone on his property) which has cut the population somewhat but as recently as 3 weeks ago, I had 3 distinct packs on my small farm/ranch - all with 600 yards of the house. I would rather be armed when outside than not.

Sidenote: My post #7 above shows 3 items. I used the flashlight to see in the well house which is very dimly lit while I used the knife to open the sealed box to get out the new heater and had the .380 just because it made me feel better... :D

Here are two rascals that came up to within 100 feet of my well house at 2 AM in April 2014 that did not seem to care if I was there or not (I was trying to ambush a skunk that was eating cat food overnight - waiting for it to get well away from the house). I did not let them get any closer. I don't normally photograph the critters but these were unusual as the #2 did not seem to care that I had just killed the #1 and just stood there looking at me..

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  13. Jan 13, 2018 #13

Spikedriver

Spikedriver

Spikedriver

Good shootin'!

Your 'yotes must be either really brave or really dumb. Ours scatter like rats when people show up. Of course, they get shot at a lot around here...

Retired1 and EasyCZ like this.
  14. Jan 13, 2018 #14

RevV

RevV

RevV

Springfield XD Mod 2 45 ACP or XDs 9 mm, depending on outfit,
    phone for light and communication, and with electronic Bible
    a $20-30 one-handed opening knife (Gerber or S&W usually) because I hate losing expensive knives,
    extra mag
    CC permits covering whatever state I'm in,
    keys--a decent last ditch weapon, when wielded effectively.

BuzzinSATX, EasyCZ and Retired1 like this.
  15. Jan 13, 2018 #15

Frank Toth Jr.

Frank Toth Jr.

Frank Toth Jr.

Them are some pretty helathy looking coyotes in the pic retired1. There are a lot around here, hear them a lot but dont see them often. Mostly on my game cameras. Biggest problem here are wild dogs. they have done more damage than coyotes. Only coyote I have shot was deer hunting a while back. Black Powder season and I was returning to the house when we ran into each other up by a pond. It came around a cedar tree and froze about 45' in front of me. I used my one shot, saved me from having to unload it and waste pellets. Biggest threat to the cats are owls and hawks. they seem to like the yellow ones best. I see bobcats and fox quite a lot. I dont bother them or the owls or hawks. Have 3 bald eagles that have been hanging around for a few years. Starting to get a lot of bear reports. Looks like they are moving back in the part of the state along with Mountain Lions. Coyotes and white tail deer along with bears are good at adapting to the changing area. New York City has a thriving coyote and deer population. looks like you have a hand on the situation at your place, if thats possible. I think they will be here well after the human population is gone.

EasyCZ and Retired1 like this.
  16. Jan 13, 2018 #16

Clipper

Clipper

Clipper

Dirty White Boy  

My EDC:

[​IMG]

Lucian253, tazo2503 and EasyCZ like this.
  17. Jan 14, 2018 #17

Greg_R

Greg_R

Greg_R

• Ruger American Compact, carried in a MTR Custom Leather Advisary holster.
    • Ruger LCPII, also carried in a MTR Custom Leather Advisary holster, but clipped in the front pocket.
    • Ultrafire flashlight.
    • Schrade folder
    • Bic lighter 20180114_081422.jpg

BuzzinSATX likes this.
  18. Jan 14, 2018 #18

VThillman

VThillman

VThillman

Geezer  

Seems like the only effective coyote control is wolves (latest example I know of is Yosemite NP). Considering what wolves need for food supply, that probably ain't a doable answer.

[Oops. That's Yellowstone NP.]

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  19. Jan 14, 2018 #19

Frank Toth Jr.

Frank Toth Jr.

Frank Toth Jr.

The rise of coyote populations is linked to the decline of wolf population. Might be a case of the Cure is worse than the disease. Human population has pretty well screwed up the balance of nature.

20. Jan 14, 2018 #20

VThillman

VThillman

VThillman

Geezer  

We would need to proceed in the wolf's manner: track coyotes to their dens, dig them out, kill pups and all. Not for the genteel.